In managing my time I’ve developed a few axioms that I try to live by. They help keep me on task and help me be more productive. Maybe they will help you also.
They are as follows:
- If it is important today but will not be important tomorrow I must do everything within my power to achieve this goal! (The opportunity of a lifetime does not last a lifetime.)
- If it is an energy and morale drainer – I must deal with it quickly.
- If the deadline is today – I must do it first so that it will not be an energy and morale drainer.
- If I gave my word I must keep it – little “unintended broken promises” matter to the people I made them too and erode people’s trust in me. (Corollary: I must not make promises that I am not very certain I can keep.)
- If my lack of action is hindering others from making progress I must take action as soon as possible. (I will not keep good people waiting by being a “bottleneck for progress.”)
If you think this post would help someone please feel free to share it.