OK, it’s Christmas time…
Let’s review: (I need this as much as anybody)
- It’s Christmas, Christmas is a busy time of the year; deal with it (and not by complaining about it!).
- It’s Christmas, there will be parties and events that you are just going to have to go too; make the best of it. Who knows, God may surprise you with a special gift or he may use you to be a special gift to someone. A good attitude says to God, “I’m available”.
- It’s Christmas, the memories that will stick through the years will mostly be the ones you have with your family. Make them good memories (bite your tongue!).
- It’s Christmas—the season we celebrate “Immanuel” (God coming to us). Or put another way, this is the season we celebrate Jesus’ birth. Stay focused on that throughout and no matter the pace, the peace will be with you throughout the month and into the New Year.
- Bottom line: During this Christmas season, don’t get so caught up in the pace of life that you lose the peace of life.
- The ONE THING for today: It is far more important that you stay aware of the event of the time than the time of the event.
Luke 1:76-79 (NKJV)
76 “And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest; For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways, 77 To give knowledge of salvation to His people By the remission of their sins, 78 Through the tender mercy of our God, With which the Dayspring from on high has visited us; 79 To give light to those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, To guide our feet into the way of peace.”