Now a certain man was there who had an infirmity thirty-eight years…Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” _John 5:5, 8
Just think, for the lame man, whose story is told in chapter 5 of John’s Gospel, to receive his miracle he had to do something that he had not done in thirty-eight years.
That is more true for all of us than we probably realize.
It’s easy as we walk toward the future to walk away from things we should take with us.
Sometimes the change we need is to change back to how we used to be.
- Maybe it’s time to go back to acting like you used to act towards your spouse, family, and friends.
- Maybe it’s time to go back to how you were before you turned so negative, critical, cynical.
- Maybe it’s time to go back to how you were before you were important.
- Maybe it’s time to go back to how you were before you had so much to lose.
- Maybe it’s time to play more, trust more, believe again, hope again.
- Maybe it’s even time to have faith again.
The ONE THING for today: Sometimes doing what you used to do can be just as constructive as trying to do something you’ve never done before.