If you have ever read the tag line for my blog you will know that I make no claims of profundity, my blogs are just my random musings as I go through life. However, in most cases I do try to have a point to each blog. This blog is different, it is an experiment, it is more random than usual, it doesn’t even have a point…it is just some of my random musings from this last week.
Enjoy, ignore, agree, disagree…I’m okay either way.
- Roger Maris, claimed by both North Dakota and Minnesota ought to be inducted in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
- I am looking for the just-right pastor for the Prairie Bible Church in Union Center/Enning SD.
- You can enjoy Thanksgiving without eating turkey. Sonja prepared a delicious chicken casserole this year. Also her mac-n-cheese…the absolute best.
- I read the other day that 42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
- On average, half the people you know are below average.
- I don’t know why, but the very same temperature in the house feels different when it is 71 outside and when it is 17 outside. Why is that?
- My daughter’s pastor, Patrick/Heather Conley, announced that they are pregnant (their third child). That makes me happy. I wish them the best. They already have two adorable girls, is it time for a boy?
- We got a little snow this week but not much. Surely we are not going to have another brown Christmas!
- Repeat these words with me: “It is not my job to run the world.”
- The capitol building in Bismarck, ND is the tallest building in ND.
- I’m not sure what the tallest building in South Dakota is, but I’ve heard that the Alex Johnson Hotel, located in Rapid City, is the second tallest building in SD. We stayed there once, it was nice, but not nice enough to stay there again.
- It is hard to get good peaches in ND. That makes me sad.
- THINKS before you speak! (T) is it true? | (H) is it helpful? | (I) is it inspiring? | (N) is it needed? | (K) is it kind? | AND PLEASE!!! (S) is it succinct?
- Nothing puts me in the mood for the winter holidays like nuts. (Am I a squirrel?!) I’m on my second bag of Brazil nuts (already shelled). They are really good. I like pistachio nuts too, but I like them in the shell. There’s something therapeutic about shelling pistachios while watching television. Gotta be careful though, you can eat a ton of them before you realize it!
- I finished a good book this week: Reaching for the Invisible God: What Can We Expect to Find? by Philip Yancey. I would recommend it to a friend.