Lesson: Rules for Life, Volume 1.
Occasion: Saturday Briefing
Date: May 8, 2021
Rules are very important.
- They allow you to make principle-bases decisions vs. emotional decisions.
- They allow you to put the odds in your favor (“the rule of thumb”).
- They add structure to your life.
How do you develop rules?
- Every time you are forced to make a decision, make a rule.
- Every time you experience misery or danger make a rule.
- Identify the universal rules – There are universal rules and to ignore them is set yourself up for pain and failure.
- Conclusion: I encourage you to begin your own rules of life.
- Thesis: The more you can live a principle-lead life vs. an emotional and reactive lead life, the greater your chance of succeeding.
- Mission: My mission is to inspire you to begin developing your own Rules for Life and treat them like your proprietary playbook that you consult regularly in making decisions.
- Identify them
- Review them regularly (memorize them)
- Codify them (teach them)