Lesson Notes: When Quitting is not an Option
Occasion: Saturday Briefing to the ministers of the NCR.
Date: April 16, 2021
There are six reasons you will leave your current assignment
- You die
- You retire
- You commit a moral failure that disqualifies you
- The vision of the church outgrows you
- Your vision outgrows the church
- You quit
50% have considered leaving the ministry in the last month. 50% of the ministers starting out will not last 5 years. 1 out of every 10 ministers will actually retire as a minister in some form. _shepherdswatchmen.com
What will save you?
First: Your calling
- Galatians 1:15 (NKJV) But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace…
Second: Your love and passion for Jesus Christ
- Peter – “Do you love me? Feed my sheep”
Third: Jesus will keep you
2 Timothy 1:8-12 (NKJV)
8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,
10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
11 to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.
If you’ve already quit?
Romans 11:29 (NKJV) For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
- You can get back in the race. It may not be the same as it was, but there is always a way for you to fulfill your calling and finish well.