I ran across this blog in my devotional this morning and it reminded me of how easy it is to lose that New Year mojo.
Last Friday was January 1! What a hopeful and energizing day. But now on January 8 (the second week of the year) your excitement and commitment may be lagging a bit.
Keep the streak alive! Press in on those New Year’s Resolutions.
I think this blog will help you.
The second day getslittle attention. Think about the work week; everybody has an opinion about Mondays—we even write songs about them. For example the following were all top ten hits:
- Blue Monday Fats Domino (1956)
- Monday, Monday The Bee Gees (1966)
- Monday’s Rain The Mamas and Papas (1966)
- Monday Morning Fleetwood Mac (1975)
- Rainy Days and Mondays The Carpenters (1971)
- I Don’t Like Mondays The Boomtown Rats (1979)
- Blue Monday New Order (1983)
- New Moon on Monday Duran Duran (1984)
- Manic Monday The Bangles (1986)
- Monday Without You Carole King (2001)
There’s dozens more I could add but I’ll mention only one more–it at least gives Monday a little credit (all the others seem to be real downers). Remember the 1976 hit: “Sunday Monday Happy Days” (Happy Days theme song)? Thanks Fonzie.
The point of all this is: When’s the last time you heard a big hit about Tuesday?
Somehow day-two ends…
View original post 330 more words