Luke 21:12 (NKJV) But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name’s sake.
“We somehow think that the Church is here for us; we forget that we are the Church, and we’re here for the world.” _Erwin McManus
The previous verse and quotation are connected. They both remind us that we are here for three great reasons. These three great reasons are our marching orders…
- The Great Commission – Being a witness to the world. (Mark 16:15)
- The Great Commandment – Showing love to the world. (Mark 12:30-31)
- The Great Commitment – Praying for the world. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
Today I tip my hat to all you faithful campaigners who get up each Monday and start another work week often working in less than desirable conditions, often outnumbered by unbelievers who do not share your faith or values and often even persecuted for your faith.
May God give you strength and wisdom as you remain faithful to your marching orders; I assure you, the world is a better place because of you.
- Who are you interceding for? (livingmoreabundantly4christ.com)
- The Persecuted (wrob77.wordpress.com)
- Complete Deliverance (Spurgeon’s Faith’s Checkbook) (forhisgloryandpraise.wordpress.com)