I’ve been married to my wife for 38 years and counting. Just when I think I have seen and heard it all she up and surprises me.
I few days ago she was surprised by some unexpected news and she exclaimed, “Greasy granny gopher guts!”
I was befuddled; where did that come from? To my knowledge I had never heard that expression in my entire life. What does it even mean?
I asked her; she had no answer except to say it was just one of those little sayings she had heard growing up in Six Mile. (You can take the girl out of Six Mile but…)
Well, you may have recently received some “greasy granny gopher guts” news yourself.
I just want to remind you that, in light of your new situation, nothing has changed about God. He is still:
- Sovereign – his will shall be done (be patient)
- Omnipotent – not only does he have the right to rule he has all power to rule (fear not)
- Omniscience – not only does he have the power to do anything; he has all knowledge to know what is best (trust him)
- Omnipresent – not only does he have the power and knowledge to rule wisely; he is ever-present and thus shows up for you (lean on him)
And above all, God is immutable (forever the same / changes not). In other words, no matter how you change or how things have changed around you; nothing has changed about your loving Father.
- The ONE THING for today: Strap you seatbelt on, greasy granny gopher guts seasons can be rough riding, but hang in there—God’s still behind the wheel, you’re going to be fine.
Malachi 3:6 (NKJV)
“For I am the Lord, I do not change; therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.”